Maria Bouskou S.A. Environmental policy
The Acropolis View Hotel operates within an area of high historical and cultural value. Acknowledging its responsibility towards such surroundings and people, it aims to reduce its environmental footprint through actions and initiatives, in accordance with national and European environmental legislation.
In particular, the company has developed an environmental policy that focuses on the following priorities:
- Use of best practices for regulatory compliance related to environmental activities.
- Proper management of energy resources, reduction of energy/water consumption, CO2 emissions and enhancement of environmental performance.
- Environmental impact assessment of its activities, aiming at reducing or even eliminating negative impacts.
- Employee environmental awareness training.
- Encourage staff and guests to actively participate in the company's environmental management.
- Annual review and evaluation of the company's environmental policy.
- Strengthening the local and regional economy.
In order to achieve the above goals, the company has undertaken to carry out the following actions in recent years:
- Electromagnetic room key cards to power the room only when user is present.
- Replacing all bulbs with low power consumption LEDs.
- Installing Motion and Presence Detector Lights in Communal WCs.
- Replacing electrical and electronic equipment with Class A energy devices or higher, when required.
- Installing thermostats in all hotel rooms and public areas for autonomous heating and air conditioning consumption optimisation.
- Reasonable temperature thermostat setting, depending on the season.
- Using certified biodegradable toilet paper in all rooms and communal WCs.
- Placing signs that encourage rational use of water (wash-on-demand).
- Regular equipment and appliance maintenance and leak inspection.
- Placing waste separation containers.
- Using larger packaging sizes to minimise waste production.
- Raising staff awareness and informing them on proper waste management.
- Using biodegradable and environmentally friendly cleaning products.
- Using disposable cosmetics packaged in recycled materials.
- Raising staff awareness, informing and training them on environmental issues so they can participate actively in environmental management matters.
- Informing guests about the hotel's environmental policy and actions, as well as raising awareness on sustainable tourism issues.
- Taking part in the "Greek Breakfast" programme of the Greek Chamber of Commerce, where local and regional products and recipes are promoted, enhancing local economy.